Friday 30 December 2011

plans

It was good to have a bit of boat time in a quiet spot, albeit for a short spell before Christmas and a trip over to Wales to see family. Then it was back to move Blackbird along a bit. No ice down this neck of the country. It feels so mild this winter! The cabbages are coming along nicely and I like looking at them on the roof, until I saw a boat with brussel sprouts on their roof and now I have sprout envy!
I've been thinking about where to explore next. I think I'd like to wander along the Kennet and Avon. I've been along the Bristol and Bath bit in a friend's boat but it will be a bit of an adventure to go out on the Thames at Brentford and approach it from this end.

2 comments:

grey wolf said...

hello and can i wish you belatedly a happy new year,You trip plans sound good but it may be a bit crowded with the Olympics this year

Anonymous said...

Hi mr wolf - happy new year to you too. All plans may depend on the closed sections of the grand union and the Olympics! We may all be shoved out onto the Thames!
Carrie