Sunday 22 April 2012

Workshop

Here's how my former back bedroom looks now, looking more like the workshop I wanted. I re-used some of the bulkhead that divided the bedroom from the engine room to make a new engine cover. It still needs some sanding and tidying up but I do like using it as a seat with the back doors open and the sun's shining in.. The supporting structure for the workbench is made from rough but strong lengths found on the site of a demolished pub. I need to treat the bench surface to protect it from spills and organise all the stowed stuff underneath, properly. I'm really happy with the space though!
I used the drawers that had been under the bed in two rows to make a vertical stack, They open and close but the woodwork doesn't bear scrutiny :-)

2 comments:

Neil Corbett said...

Wow. I'm really impressed. Looking forward to seeing it all finished.
Kath (nb Herbie)

Anonymous said...

Oops, I'd better get sanding then ;-)
Hope we get to meet up soon, it's been ages!
Carrie