Saturday 28 June 2008

Poor weak females (Grrrr..)

Yes, how DO we cope?!
Some random bloke stopped me to ask if that was my boat, tied up in the countryside by itself. Yes it was. Ooh - that's a bit lonely there isn't it? No, it isn't. But aren't you on your own? Yes, I am. Well, lucky you've got a dog with you, that's all I can say.
The inference is that I must be afraid because I don't have a man on board.
The thing is, he was a lone boater with a dog too. Imagine if I'd gone up to him to say, ooh, it's a good thing you've got that dog cos you'd be a weak target without it. Though as you have a penis, you could cope in any crisis.

I feel even more saddened by the attitude of some women who come out with the same tired rubbish because they themselves feel useless without their husbands. All that potential for self-reliance and joyful empowerment which never gets developed. I blame the parents! Let your girls take the lead, make every decision for themselves and realise their own strength.

No comments: