Thursday 21 September 2017

Blackbird is for sale!

So, after 11 years, I'm now selling my dear boat, Blackbird.

Here are the boat details which I'm selling through VC Marine, if you're interested:
http://vcmarine.co.uk/boat-sales/black-bird-colecraft-16m-52ft-traditional-stern-narrowboat/

I would only have considered moving off the Cut for something very special and that something special has come along. First there was meeting Simon (of nb Tortoise fame) over 8 years ago and now there's our decision to buy a beautiful cottage in Wales with some land. I just couldn't resist both those delights!

I'm so glad I bought Blackbird and had such a lovely time exploring the canals. What a great experience it's been. I was reading my old blogposts and I see they're full of discoveries and experiences I've had. I'm lucky. Waiting to see what's around the next bend....

5 comments:

Adam said...

Best wishes to you and Simon for your new Welsh life!

Herbie Neil said...

Sounds like the best of reasons for going ashore. We are delighted for you both. So pleased you are both still together, I was worrying when neither of you have blogged for some time, and Simon had his solo trip. When do you leave Brentford? Any chance of meeting up before you go?
You can always borrow Herbie if you start hankering for the waterways again.......
Lots of good luck for the future.
Kath (and Neil) (nb Herbie)

Llosgi said...

Thanks Adam!
Happy travels afloat :-)

Llosgi said...

Hey Kath and Neil, I do hope we get to see you soon. I was off travelling abroad when Simon was doing his solo trip - he never gets a chance to play boats when I'm around!

Sheila said...

Simon was one of the first boaters I met when I first had my boat, Olivia, twelve years ago. I have never met you, Carrie, but I wish you both the happiest new life. It sounds idyllic. All the best, Sheila